Script Runner Version Match Query

Kevin Dalton February 3, 2016

We’re investigating the use of ScriptRunner’s versionMatch function.   

project = "TEST" and status = "Open"  and "Reported Release" in versionMatch("^SC 4.*")

Based on my understanding of JQL, at a high level I believe the query will do the following:

1. First, find all the issues in the Soarian Clinicals project with a status of Open
  2. Second, it will search all issues on the server that have a Reported Release value that matches the regular expression.  
  3. Lastly, it will union the results of the two queries to determine the final results set.

Can Adaptavist/Atlassian confirm this is correct?

Also, when it tries to find all issues that match the regular expression, is that an indexed lookup of some sort that would make it somewhat efficient since there is not project qualifier for the versionMatch function?

1 answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2016

Well, it will be the intersection of the result sets not the union because you used AND not OR, but I know what you mean.

is that an indexed lookup of some sort that would make it somewhat efficient since there is not project qualifier for the versionMatch function?

Suggest an answer