Script Runner: Field 'issueFunction' does not exist

Matthias October 6, 2013

I have just installed the Script Runner plugin (version 2.1.15) in my Jira (v6.0.8#6109-sha1:57cf099)

Whe I do a search using a script JQL function like

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("labels = 'XXXX'", "Contains")

I get the following error:

Field 'issueFunction' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it.

I've already tried a re-indexing and re-login.

I checked at AddOns->ScriptRunner->Scripted JQL functions and all the functions are enabled.

Any help here?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias October 13, 2013

Restarting Jira solved the issue. The source is still not clear.

3 votes
Nicolai Klose May 15, 2018

Hey guys & girls

we get the same message with the trial version of scriptrunner. In our cloud jira the customfield is missing, i think its not created on plugin installation. Reinstalling the plugin did not help.

Anyone had this problem?

1 vote
Anatolijs Tarasovs June 3, 2015

This is an old thread, but if someone encounters the issue again, then adding global scheme context to the issueFunction field solved it for us.

issueFunction.png

0 votes
MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

The error tells you there is a problem with your Custom Field named "issueFunction". Btw, what did you want your SQL to return? Currently you are checking if the value of your Custom Field is in the list of Issues, which implies that your Custom Field type is Issue (i.e. you have created a new Custom Field Type). Is that really the case?

P.S.
If I understand correctly, you have read the article about Scripted JQL Functions, which means you're using your jql inside a Script Runner plugin, right? The syntax of those jql queries is a bit different than the syntax of the original JIRA JQL queries, which means you need to use that query inside a Script Runner and not in the JIRA search.

Matthias October 6, 2013

the filed comes from the Script Runner plugin and should be added automatically during installation. The query above lists all issues, which a part of an issue with a particular label and works fine in a different installation using this plugin.

MB
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2013

I see, let me check again to see if I didn't understand it wrong.

Update: Just ignore my previous answer and try reading this question. It suggests to re-install the Script Runner.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 6, 2013

Try disabling then enabling the plugin...

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2014

Disabling adn enabling worked for me.

stephanie January 8, 2018

sorry - replied to wrong thread

Suggest an answer