Script Runner: Fast-track transition an issue additional issue actions don't work

JaA May 2, 2016

Hi,

I'm using JIRA 7.1.4 and Script Runner 4.3.0. In the create step i use the post script function to fast-track transition an issue. The post function is at the last place after the event. My condition is:

cfValues['Field A'] != 'Value A' && cfValues['Field B']?.value == null

This works fine, the desired transition is applied and the issue is closed directly.

But the additional issue actions don't work. I want to set a comment and use the example given by script runner:

issueInputParameters.setComment('Write your comment here').

But nothing happens, no comment is created. There is no message in the JIRA log and the post function only says "No failures in the last 15 execution(s)".

So am I missing anything?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
adammarkham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

This will only work if you have a screen on the transition and you have:

issueInputParameters.setSkipScreenCheck(true)

Although theres a bug in JIRA IssueService on some versions, causing the commenting to be done twice.

I would use CommentManager to do this. So the script to use is:

def commentManager = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
commentManager.create(issue, currentUser, "A comment", true)
JaA May 3, 2016

Thank you Adam,

now it works!

Suggest an answer