Script Runner Doubt with Roles

Marta CRUZ MEGIA January 4, 2017

Hello,

i'm new with script runner, and i'd like to know if with this add on i can do : a group can create for example task but not requirement issues and other group or user can create requirements and not task issues.

Is this possible with this add-on? and if is possible and it is not very complex, could someone tell me the code?

thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

But not on Cloud, as you can't do validators there, and blocking it with validators is ugly because your users could enter data, get blocked and have to lose it all and type it all in again.

It would generally be better to put requirements and tasks in different projects.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2017

Yes, you can do it, it's not very difficult to implement it. In the post-function of the "create" transition of the issue workflow you can add validations to check if the user belongs to the group which can create the task issues or vice-versa.

There are plenty examples of this on this site.

first of all thanks,

but in the multiples choices in validation does'n exist the one to select a group.

have I to script the function? then i have no idea sad

Suggest an answer