Script Runner Doubt with Roles

Hello,

i'm new with script runner, and i'd like to know if with this add on i can do : a group can create for example task but not requirement issues and other group or user can create requirements and not task issues.

Is this possible with this add-on? and if is possible and it is not very complex, could someone tell me the code?

thanks in advance

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

But not on Cloud, as you can't do validators there, and blocking it with validators is ugly because your users could enter data, get blocked and have to lose it all and type it all in again.

It would generally be better to put requirements and tasks in different projects.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra Community Champion Jan 04, 2017

Yes, you can do it, it's not very difficult to implement it. In the post-function of the "create" transition of the issue workflow you can add validations to check if the user belongs to the group which can create the task issues or vice-versa.

There are plenty examples of this on this site.

first of all thanks,

but in the multiples choices in validation does'n exist the one to select a group.

have I to script the function? then i have no idea sad

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,711 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you