(Script Runner) Custom field value equals to one of the given options

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

Hi all,

I have a custom field from type Select List.

I would like to make a different custom field required when this select list field's value is equal one of 3 options (the select list contains 7 options total).

I'm trying to set this rule via Workflow validator with the use of Script Runner. If I would have liked to be based on just one of the values in the select list, I could have used this with no problem:

cfValues['selectListCF']*.value.contains('ticketCanBeCreated') || cfValues['selectListCF']*.value.contains('oneOfTheOptionsThatRequiresMandatoryValueInOtherCF') && cfValues['cfIWantToMakeMandatory']!=null

Is there an option to choose more than one value of a select list using Script Runner?

Thanks guys

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 29, 2014

You could do as Marten said but easier would be:

['ticketCanBeCreated', 'oneOfTheOptionsThatRequiresMandatoryValueInOtherCF'].contains(cfValues['selectListCF'].value)

Don't know use *.value unless it's a multiselect.

Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

But wouldn't this enable tickets for any of the selectList values? He just wanted it enabled for 3 out of the 7 possible values

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Jamie, you solution worked like a charm. Exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the quick reply. Love the plugin :)

Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Sorry, I somewhat misread your code.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

I don't really understand the question. The way I read it oneOfTheOptionsThatRequiresMandatoryValueInOtherCF was one of the options.

0 votes
Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Without knowing to much about Script Runner, I would recommend an easy work-around by creating two workflow validators (one for each value). You should be able to link them together with the help of jiras workflow editor to create a similar "OR" logic.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 29, 2014

Thanks for the answer, Marten. The creation of more workflow steps did was something I considered, but since it might end-up with doing a lot of maintenance work I wanted to make sure all other options are covered. Have a good day

Suggest an answer