[Script Runner] Clone issue post-functions - passing project and issuetype as parameters.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Is there any possibility to override the default interface of the "Clone issue and links" post-function?

I would like to pass the project and issuetype as parameters in the "additional issue actions".

I have unpacked the script runner plugin and tried to take a peek into the code of the post-function to look for some hints, but I'm afraid I became more confused than I was before :) Not to mention the function itself seems to be scattered in three different files.

Here is an example of my desired use case:

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

An approach would be to create as many postfunctions as the combinations of projects and issue types you have.

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2014

Well, that's not exactly what I wanted, but for now, as long as I have less than 10 combinations your method does the trick. Thanks!

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 22, 2014

you want something like:

issue.setIssueTypeId(3) ... etc

Ah... I think I maybe understand what you are asking. You should be able to get the selected target project key using:

static import com.onresolve.scriptrunner.canned.jira.utils.AbstractCloneIssue.FIELD_TARGET_PROJECT

params[FIELD_TARGET_PROJECT]

(untested).

Timothy Harris January 19, 2015

Hi Jamie, I want to piggy back on this issue. Hope this is OK? I want the same scenario. Basically this: * When user moves an issue to a status. I will pop up a screen. Here he can select the project to clone this issue to from a custom field. * Once the issue is moved to this status. I want to use your clone and link post function to generate a new issue in same project with "cloned by" links. * I then want to use the "additional actions" to get the selected project and move it to the wanted project. So basically not pre-selecting the project on the post function but allowing the user to select it during transition to status. Is this doable?

Suggest an answer