Script Runner Clone Issue and Comment

Aron Felberbaum September 8, 2015

I'm looking to use a post function to create a linked issue using script runner, trying to figure out how I could replace the description of the new issue with last comment.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

If you are using the "clones issue" built-in post-function, you can enter the following code into the additional issue actions:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def commentManager = ComponentAccessor.getCommentManager()
def comments = commentManager.getComments(sourceIssue)

if (comments) {
    issue.description = comments.last().body
}
else {
    issue.description = "No comment set on source issue"
}
Aron Felberbaum September 9, 2015

Another Question, This transition is using a screen with the comment field, I would like to replace the description of the linked issue with this comment only when the comment is not empty.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

get the comments in the same way as above but using "issue", not sourceIssue.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 9, 2015

in a transition, the current comment is in: transientVars["comment"] - so if that's empty no comment was added

Hung Nguyen January 28, 2016

Jamie,

If I don't want the change the new issue's description, but copy the last comment to be a comment of the cloned one, how can we do it?

I did try to use commentManager.create( issue, comments.last().owner, comments.last().body, true)

But I got the null pointer assignment error in the log and the task failed.

Jens Kisters //SeibertSolutions
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 11, 2017

Hi,

is the "clone issue" post function still available in the current version?

I can't find it neither in the available post functions nor in the script runner docs.

Suggest an answer