Script Runner - AggregateExpression on customfield

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld June 15, 2016

Hi there,

we tried to aggregate some numbers via aggregateExpression, but the result is a bit creapy:

image2016-6-16 11:35:38.png2016-06-16 11_32_09-Issue Navigator - JIRA 4 BIZ.jpg

As you can see the CF_10205 is of type number and contains some data, but the result if the aggregation is not useable. Any ideas?

And maybe suitable, are there any gadgets or reports available to add in a JIRA dashboard or Confluence page (beside building an own SQL-Report or EazyBI) to show such kind of aggregations (maybe based on status and/or issue type)?

Many thanks in advance!
Hans-Hermann

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2016

Technically, that is still a valid and usable number (most calculation software will accept and process numbers with exponents in them).  The problem here is that it's a very large number that isn't really a lot of use to humans and isn't really that display-able. 

You'll find a lot of other software will display the number in the same way too, so even moving to other reporting tools might not help.

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld June 16, 2016

Hi Nic,

thanks for the quick reply!

In summary, you think there is no real solution in case the numbers might get bigger? Tried with numbers in summary > 10k and it´s working...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2016

I'm not sure what "solution" you're looking for - the numbers are too long to display, so most programs will shorten them.

Hans-Hermann Hunfeld June 16, 2016

IMHO i expected numbers till 9-10 digits to be shown in "normal" mode as the exponetial ones are also that long. In case we talks about > 15 digits i would agree...

But, now i understand how it works so thanks for clarification!

Best regards,
Hans-Hermann

Suggest an answer