Script Runner 2.1.7 license error

Chuck Vanderwist July 8, 2013

Hello. I have been testing with Script Runner on an upgraded version of JIRA 6.0.3 (from 6.0) and had great success.

Now trying to deploy on production server with 6.0.3 and SR 2.1.7, getting the attached licensing error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chuck

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

Hi Charles,

Can you attempt to reinstall the plugin from scratch using the method below:

1. Shutdown JIRA
  2. Delete the plugin from $JIRA_HOME/plugins/installed-plugins
  3. Delete the following as well:
    1. $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.osgi-plugins
    2. $JIRA_HOME/plugins/.bundled-plugins
  4. Download the plugin manually from the Marketplace.
  5. Place this downloaded plugin in the directory mentioned in step 2 above.
  6. Start JIRA back up.

I'm suspecting the plugin cache has been corrupted during the instance startup, so we are just refreshing the cache here. I've got this plugin installed on my 6.0.4 instance, and it's working well here using the methods mentioned above.

0 votes
Chuck Vanderwist July 25, 2013

After the process Justing mentioned, JIRA wouldn't start. Our hosting company had to fix this and I wasn't given an opportunity to capture the logs. I suspect that this was related to some other issue on the server.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2013

I would try what Justin suggests. I think the "licence error" is a general catch-all error message.

In addition, when you try to enable it a stack trace should be logged - can you post that?

Suggest an answer