Script Listener script only works once

Alan Lavery May 11, 2017

Hi,

We have a custom script running in a Issue Created script listener. We basically need to read the labels on an issue that has been created which we do by using:

LabelManager labelManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(LabelManager.class)
def labels = labelManager.getLabels(issue.id).collect{it.getLabel()}

After updating the script it works as intended and it returns the labels that has been assigned to it on creation but this only works on the first issue created after updating the script. Any additional issues created just return an empty list of labels even though there is a label on the issue. I've checked the issue id and it is getting the correct issue everytime the script is run.

Is there something that needs to be reset or is their an easier way of getting the labels?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

Hi Alan.

May we have your scriptrunner version number and your Jira version as well? I want to test this in your version to make sure that I can debug and see what's wrong.

Cheers!

Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2017

If we get your full script, with screenshots that show how you set this up, that would be very useful for debbuggin purposes. If you want you can use our own platform at:

https://productsupport.adaptavist.com/projects/SRJSUP/queues

Alan Lavery May 11, 2017

Hi Daniel,

We're using ScriptRunner version 4.3.18 and our JIRA version is 7.3.

I've managed to get a work around for it by using the Issue Updated listener instead of the Issue Created as we remove the label after we get the String from it and most likely won't be re-applying it but we would prefer to have this on Create rather than every update.

Suggest an answer