Script/JQL to populate gadget to forecast based on # of developers and remaining hours

Deleted user January 14, 2021

I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish what the title states so let me further explain it here.

We have many dashboards and gadgets on them. From what I can tell there is no free or out of the box gadget that will take the remaining developer hours and forecast to a potential end date. For example, if we have a release determined, and there are 1000 hours in the release, and my team is 10 people, we could potentially do 400 hours a week so it would take us 2 and 1/2 weeks to do the work. I want a gadget that takes today and adds 2 and 1/2 weeks to the workdays and spits out a date.

So my thought was if there is a way to script this and then populate an existing gadget with that data. Then as my team changes size, or we are more/less efficient, I can update the team size value, or the value representing how much work they do in a day, to compensate.

1 answer

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2023

Hi @[deleted]   

No need for a script! Try our Great Gadgets app for Jira & Confluence. It offers a Release Burndown Burnup chart that can generate forecast based on current team progress/velocity. It supports time estimates, including by 'Time Remaining & Time Spent'.

image.png

The app offers many other useful gadgets, for agile especially.

If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact support@stonikbyte.com.

Danut. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events