Script Error in Greenhopper Rapid Boards / Firefox 14.0.1

Nick Davies August 6, 2012

I've just upgraded from Jira 4.3 to 5.1.1 and Greenhopper 5.6.8 to 5.10.6 and I'd like to know if this is a problem with the upgrade or a Jira bug..?

When I go to Agile -> Manage Rapid Boards in Firefox 14.0.1 I get a big red error block at the bottom of the page. It doesn't seem to stop me creating boards and it doesn't occur in Google Chrome (Version 21.0.1180.57).

I'm guessing this has something to do with the GIVE GREENHOPPER FEEDBACK! link in the header - this link does not do anything in either Chrome or Firefox.

Error text below.

----

An exception occurred

Please try refreshing the page, or contact your administrator / Atlassian Support if the problem continues.

Details

Exception: Script error.

Resource: https://jira.atlassian.com/s/en_UKsx8qk0/710/2/1.0.8-beta/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js

Line: 0

Environment

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1

14 answers

17 votes
Nick Davies August 6, 2012

I had a very quick reply from Atlassian support (Immanuel Siagian) - as a workaround you can disable the Feedback link which gets rid of the error. Here are his instructions:

1. Go to Administration > Plugins > Plugins
  2. When the plugins page appears, click on the Manage Existing (Tab), and locate & click the GreenHopper
  3. Once you have clicked on the GreenHopper plugin, you will see a link called Manage Plugin Modules. Click on that link to extends its modules
  4. When the list of modules appears, locate the module "Feedback" and you a button Disable will appear on the right side.
  5. Disable the feedback module and see whether the problem persists
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

Same issue that just started happening with Firefox as nothing changed in our environment

Firefox is 18.0.1

Greenhopper 6.1.2

Too bad as I used the feedback option often.

2 votes
DigitalDoener January 29, 2013

You need do disable Greenhopper Feedback. Take a look at this link how to remove feedback related errors.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Removing+Feedback+Related+Errors

0 votes
Chnikki February 11, 2013

Thanks for posting the workaround! We started getting this error yesterday GH 6.1.3.1, JIRA 5.2.1, FF 18+. The workaround made the error go away. Voted on issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5502.

0 votes
Chnikki February 11, 2013

Thanks for posting the workaround! We started getting this error yesterday GH 6.1.3.1, JIRA 5.2.1, FF 18+. The workaround made the error go away. Voted on issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-5502.

0 votes
Georgiy Senenkov January 22, 2013

Same fot me with Firefox 18.0.1 JIRA 5.1.6 Greenhopper 6.1.1

0 votes
SamK November 20, 2012

Same issue appeared with Firefox.

Logging out and logging in again resolved the problem.

0 votes
Deleted user August 7, 2012

Same for me!

0 votes
Ashton Treadway August 7, 2012

This bit us today on JIRA 4.4.5 and GH 5.8.7. Disabling the "feedback" module fixed it.

0 votes
Oleksandr Smirnov August 6, 2012

Hi,

The same issue has appeared today under FF 14 and IE 9 (JIRA v5.0.7 + GH 5.10.5.1).

Great thanks for quick workaround!

0 votes
Sébastien Martinet August 6, 2012

Hi

same issue with Jira 5.02 and GreenHopper 5.9.4 (on FF14 and Chrome, IE 9), desactivate the feeback plug-in works.

Thanks for the quick reply.

0 votes
vsalard August 6, 2012

Hi,

Indeed, it worked for me also.

0 votes
Frank Ruwolt August 6, 2012

Hi,

same for me. I disabled the Feedback module and even opera shows the rapid board. Thanks for sharing the hint!

0 votes
Frank Ruwolt August 6, 2012

Hi,

i have this problem using Jira 5.1 and Greenhopper 5.10.6 with firefox 14.0.1 when i want to work with a rapid board.

Jira was updated from v4.4 to 5.1 ~10days ago, but today i got (or maybe saw?) this error for the first time.
And to make things worse, my favourite browser (opera) doesn't show the rapid board at all.
Just the main menu at top of the page and a grey background/page.
It works with Firefox, but sometimes the error message comes up.

During the last days just a lot of epics/stories etc have been created. Didn't update any plugins like Issue Collector...

0 votes
Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 6, 2012

I have exactly the same problem, but with Jira 5.0.6 and Greenhopper 5.10.5.

The problem started when I installed and (after deciding we don't need it) uninstalling the Issue Collector plugin. First I thought the uninstall removed some needed components, but reinstalling it did't help...

Suggest an answer