Screens not defaulting to show all fields

DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

After moving to JIRA 6.1.3 I can't help but notice that the screens do not always default to showing how they are defined. Some of my users have to pick Configure Fields > Show: *All*. This seems like it must be a bug, since there would be no point in configuring my screens if JIRA isn't going to show them as I have defined.

Does anyone else have this issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2013

It's not a bug, it's by design. Users should be able to choose which fields they are interested in on a screen.

There may be a small problem with the defaults though - people should really be presented with "all" until they choose to hide them. It sounds to me like your people are getting a preset subset of fields and having to ask for all.

I think you'll need to examine when this is happening to establish what the users are getting by default.

DJX
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2013

I agree that the fields should be customizeable for users as long as they aren't required, but they should default to the way the screen was configured instead of some seemingly random subset.

I'll keep an eye out for how many users this happens with and when. Thanks for your response - it's good to know this isn't how it's supposed to be.

Suggest an answer