Screen schemes necessary for transition screen or not ?

Christophe Leite July 15, 2013

Hello,

I've created a project, several type issues, screen, fields and associated schemes. After I have realized a worflow, a notification and a permission scheme to manage the different roles.

As every screen require a screen scheme, I wonder if it was necessary for me to create some screen schemes especially for the screens which appear during transition ... because, I discover that my workflow, shared by a lot of issue types works only with my first issue type, but not the followings (for my first issue type, the screen transition appears correctly with its fields -- for the other, these one only let appear a comment field, instead of transition screen fields like my first issue type)

Are screen schemes necessary for the transition screen inside a workflow or not ? do I forget anything for these one ?

Any help appreciated,

Best regards

Christophe

3 answers

3 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Check the custom field schemes for the fields that do not appear in your screen. A custom field which is restricted to some issue types will not appear in the screen for a new project / issue type.

Check: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens

Screens that appear in the WF have nothing to do with Screen Schemes. Any transition with a screen will contain the screen id no matter if that screen is in a scheme or not.

1 vote
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Screen scheme is roughly an association of Screens and Operations (view, create, edit, not transitions at all). Note that operation are different than transitions.

If you want to associate screens to transitions, this can be achieved by editing the workflow in the transition (edit transition -> transition view).

You are getting an empty screen with the comments only likely because your user has comment permission and the screen associated with the transition is empty

HTH

0 votes
Nitram
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 15, 2013

Can you post some screenshots inorder to help you.

Suggest an answer