Screen configs not working

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but this admin system is so complex that it's hard to figure out what.

I'm just trying to enable story points in my issues, so I can start using scrum methodology in Greenhopper. My default screen config has a time tab added with story points and time tracking. But when I create or edit an issue in JIRA, it doesn't appear.

Can I get a checklist of things to check? I've been looking at this for an hour already and still can't figure it out.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes
Ruchi Tandon Atlassian Team Oct 25, 2012

Here are a few optons to check :

1. Check if the screen you are looking at is actually associated with the project and the issue type.
  2. Go to Administration > Issue Fields > Custom Fields. Check and see whether the field Story Points has already been associated with the screens.
  3. Check this document : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Story+Points+Not+Shown+in+the+Sprint+Report
  4. And also this one : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Not+able+to+see+story+points+after+upgrade</li<>>

Thank you! It was a matter of correct issue type assignments - the screen was configured to show story points, but the issue type I was using wasn't associated with story points. It's all working now. Thank you!

Hi Rich,

Can I have your instance URL to look at it further?

Cheers,

Omar

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 25, 2018 in Jira

Atlassian Research Workshop opportunity on Sep. 28th in Austin, TX

We're looking for participants for a workshop at Atlassian! We need Jira admins who have interesting custom workflows, issue views, or boards. Think you have a story to sha...

414 views 7 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you