Scheduling in hours? (hopefully :))

Pompi Diplan November 16, 2015

Is there a way I can get my stages planned at hourly granularity level? I have stages that last 2h (and epics also, for that matter, that are at hours-length level, that is: under-one-day) and nevertheless, the scheduling plan at the bottom of the screen reserves one whole day for each stage of a story of an epic (the stage should be the shortest segment to be seen on the schedule)! even with dependencies defined, the planning algorithm appears to RESERVE AT LEAST ONE DAY FOR EACH STAGE OF A STORY. I really hope I am doing something wrong. If so, what is the necessary correction? Thank you very much in advance!

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2015

Hours are far too short a time-unit for Scrum processes to be useful in - you'll have a huge planning overhead for very little benefit.

What you're doing "wrong" is picking the wrong process for what you're doing.  I'd just move to Kanban and forget planning.

Suggest an answer