Scheduled eazyBi import problems

NickW March 2, 2015

Dear all

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and can offer help to resolve the issue.

If a scheduled scan is undertaken e.g. every 3 hours OR a timed scan e.g. at 6 am every day then the data is not imported correctly i.e. missing data or completely empty. If however I do a manual import everything is OK. This seems very strange. Any ideas?

Obviously I want to schedule imports so that users graphs etc are up to date when they look at them rather than relying on someone to do an import.

Many thanks

Nick

5 answers

1 vote
Gisli Petur Hinriksson April 5, 2018

For people seeing this and having installed 4.5.3 Data Center version of eazyBI that supports running on JIRA data center better. 

There is an option inside the settings section in eazyBI interface where you can dedicate a node in the JIRA data center cluster to handle the jobs.

I waited for some time seeing "Waiting in queue" and researched a bit. Then I found the specific parameter and entered a node. Stopped the import and retried and all worked,

Just a stupid mistake but good to have it here for the record. :) 

0 votes
Cristina_Abunei
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2017

Hello,

We are also having a similar problem. Manual import works just fine, while the scheduled ones (at any interval) fail.

In the eazyBI log files we see:

2017-06-18 09:30:00 -0400 INFO: [regular_job] Can't acquire lock for RegularJob id=3
2017-06-18 09:40:00 -0400 INFO: [regular_job] Can't acquire lock for RegularJob id=2
2017-06-18 09:40:00 -0400 INFO: [regular_job] Can't acquire lock for RegularJob id=3

Was any solution found for this?

Thank you.

0 votes
Heman R August 19, 2016

Hi All

we are facing the same issue .

@Karanpreet Kaur  @NickW   did you get any solution for this problem.

we opened a support ticket for this but they asked to change settings of MySQL which did not solve our problem.

I was wondering is this a bug or only we facing this problem.

Any help will be appreciated .

Heman 

Karanpreet Kaur August 19, 2016

Hi Heman,

We tried below steps and it resolved the issue.

• Re-index JIRA
  • Go to Analyze tab and click Empty button for Issues cube (it will delete just imported data but all created reports and calculated members will remain)
  • Return to Source Data tab and click Import to start new re-import of all data.

Thanks,

Karan

0 votes
Karanpreet Kaur July 11, 2016

I am facing the same issue and I have sent a support request to eazyBI support.

We have recently started facing this issue in Production.

Please help us resolve this issue at the earliest.

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2015

Hi Nick,

This should not be the case. The regular import should be importing / updating issues in the same way as manual import.

To help us assist you with this issue, could you please send the following information to support@eazybi.com 

• what is your JIRA version
  • what eazyBI version do you have installed
  • from JIRA home directory log/eazybi-web.log and log/eazybi-queues.log files

I am sorry for the troubles this has been causing to you!
Lauma / support@eazybi.com

Suggest an answer