Scheduled Jira Reports

Ragvi Ttpt November 20, 2020

Hi,

I am trying to schedule an email to be sent right before the end of day (11:55pm) which contains the statistics of issues that meet certain criteria. I do not need the list of all the issues, just some counts. For eg. count of issues that are completed vs those that are still In progress.

I did not see any functionality in the Jira Dashboards to schedule/email, neither did I find the issue filters helpful since I do not need the whole bulk of issues emailed. I tried Jira Automation but was unable to find a way to generate the report I need and email it !!

Any suggestions ??

Thanks.

RT

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 28, 2020

Hi Ragvi,

you mentioned "Filter subscriptions" already. This function is always used to accomplish this but as you said it will list all issues that are matching.

In case nothing out-of-the-box works for you then you probably need to gather data using REST API, extract especially the data you are after and put it into a separate mail.
Using this you would have the most available flexibility on how the mail would look like but it is the approach that requires most work on the other hand.

Cheers,
Daniel

Ragvi Ttpt November 30, 2020

Thanks Daniel. I will check that out.

Suggest an answer