Schedule Start and End dates for Jira portfolio

Yee Ming Chew August 2, 2017

How to change / update the Schedule Start and End dates in Jira Portfolio? They are currently wrong and I am unable to correct them.

2 answers

0 votes
arvind arora May 10, 2018

Hi Yee,

I was also facing the same issue where everything was looking fine and still the scheduled end date of a particular issue was showing wrong(There was no reason of showing it a date which was far ahead).

I did some rnd and did something which solved my issue. I opened the ticket and found that in the "Fix Version/s:" field there was a value. This value was the name of 'release' I created on JIRA. As per my understanding this field should be empty for this particular issue as I had not released any thing on this. So, I simply removed the entry and worked for me.

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 3, 2017

Hi Yee,

This question was discussed in a Communities with one of the Portfolio UX designers in a thread titled how to edit start end date epic jira portfolio:

Portfolio for JIRA helps you do agile planning. Hence it's not really meant for planning with start end end dates as such, as it bases it's decisions off of other things.

You can assign issues to a sprint or release to place them roughly in a given time frame and then the scheduling algorithm will calculate their actual placement and duration based on ranking, estimation, child issues, capacity of the team, and many other signals. 

Take a look at how to edit start end date epic jira portfolio for a bit more information.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer