Saving the output of JIRA Issues Macro in a variable and iterating through it in a macro

Versions: Confluence (5.9.8), JIRA (7.1.7)

I am new to creating user macros in Confluence and have been reviewing the following documentation/articles to get a sense of how to go about writing such macros.

I am able to display active issues for a specific project in JIRA within a Confluence Wiki page of mine using a user macro which in turn calls the JIRA Issues Macro. The reason I am doing it this way is b/c calling the JIRA Issues Macro directly seems to give me only 3 preconfigured display options (single issue, total issue count or table listing of issues). I want to be able to customize the output - I want it to be a running list of tickets (similar to a listing of blog post titles with a brief summary for each entry).

It seems like a custom user macro would be the way to go (my hunch).

I am following a similar approach as the one outlined in this posting on your forum - https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Can-anyone-assist-creating-a-user-macro/qaq-p/173943

As you can see in that posting - the macro works with the output of another function (process) to determine the list of pages and subsequently it uses a custom layout to display it (albeit it is a table in this case).

What I am hoping to do is save the output of my JIRA Issues macro query to say a variable within the user macro and then iterate through that list of items (similar to the positing above) and display it the way I'd want to.

Is what I am trying to do possible and even the right way to approach this? Appreciate any pointers / suggestions you folks might have.

Oh and this is how I am retrieving the tickets I am interested in within the user macro.

<ac:structured-macro ac:name="jira">
<ac:parameter ac:name="columns">priority,key,status,summary,assignee,due</ac:parameter>
<ac:parameter ac:name="jqlQuery">project = "SOME_PROJECT" and status in ("In Progress", "In Review", "Awaiting approval", "On Hold") AND resolution = Unresolved</ac:parameter>
</ac:structured-macro>

0 answers

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,904 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you