Saving of Jira change-protocol report in Confluence not possible

Christoph_Bachmann February 10, 2020

I have a Jira project. And there I want to add a change protocol based on the Jira-report template (in Confluence).

I then change some text on the page (e.g. Summary, highlights and so on). First: I don't have a "Save" button (is that normal?). I only have "Publish" or "Close" buttons. When hovering the "Close" button it mentions that the report will be saved. So I click on "Close".

Afterwards I do not see my report neither in my Jira project nor in the Confluence area.

Any ideas / inputs what I am doing wrong or missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hello Christoph,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you are trying to create a Change Log report using the Jira-report template in your Confluence Space.

I reproduced the same steps you did and when I reached the report page and hovered the mouse in the Close button, the message returned is the warning "Saves changes without publishing", as you can see in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 14.05.24.png

Indeed, the report was saved as a draft in Confluence, which can be accessed by clicking on "Your work" and selecting the tab "Recently worked on":

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 14.15.02.png

Can you please check if you are able to find your report on the menu described above?

Additionally, please take a look at the documentation below to know more about the Jira Report template and how you can search for your drafts in Confluence:

Jira report template 

Find drafts and unpublished changes 

Let us know if have any questions.

Christoph_Bachmann February 11, 2020

Hello Petter,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do exactly the same as you described.

But unfortunately I can't see "Your work" in Confluence:

2020-02-11 09_18_47-Window.png

And even under the report areas there is no report.

2020-02-11 09_21_38-Window.png

Is there any setting I am missing?

Thank you and best regards

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 11, 2020

Hello @Christoph_Bachmann

Thank you for the details.

I must confess that I was not able to find any kind of features that might be blocking you from seeing "your work" section. Can you confirm you are using Confluence Cloud?

Additionally, I suggest you try the steps below:

1 - Check if you are able to access the section by using the direct link: 

2 - Check if you are not using any kind of third-party apps that might be hiding the menu
3 - In my view, I don't have the "Startseite" logo and description. Can you provide us the exact URL of that page?
4 - Can you confirm if you are logged as a valid user in Confluence or if you are using Anonymous access?
Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer