• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Saving of Jira change-protocol report in Confluence not possible

I have a Jira project. And there I want to add a change protocol based on the Jira-report template (in Confluence).

I then change some text on the page (e.g. Summary, highlights and so on). First: I don't have a "Save" button (is that normal?). I only have "Publish" or "Close" buttons. When hovering the "Close" button it mentions that the report will be saved. So I click on "Close".

Afterwards I do not see my report neither in my Jira project nor in the Confluence area.

Any ideas / inputs what I am doing wrong or missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello Christoph,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understand you are trying to create a Change Log report using the Jira-report template in your Confluence Space.

I reproduced the same steps you did and when I reached the report page and hovered the mouse in the Close button, the message returned is the warning "Saves changes without publishing", as you can see in the screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 14.05.24.png

Indeed, the report was saved as a draft in Confluence, which can be accessed by clicking on "Your work" and selecting the tab "Recently worked on":

Screen Shot 2020-02-10 at 14.15.02.png

Can you please check if you are able to find your report on the menu described above?

Additionally, please take a look at the documentation below to know more about the Jira Report template and how you can search for your drafts in Confluence:

Jira report template 

Find drafts and unpublished changes 

Let us know if have any questions.

Hello Petter,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I do exactly the same as you described.

But unfortunately I can't see "Your work" in Confluence:

2020-02-11 09_18_47-Window.png

And even under the report areas there is no report.

2020-02-11 09_21_38-Window.png

Is there any setting I am missing?

Thank you and best regards

Hello @Christoph_Bachmann

Thank you for the details.

I must confess that I was not able to find any kind of features that might be blocking you from seeing "your work" section. Can you confirm you are using Confluence Cloud?

Additionally, I suggest you try the steps below:

1 - Check if you are able to access the section by using the direct link: 

2 - Check if you are not using any kind of third-party apps that might be hiding the menu
3 - In my view, I don't have the "Startseite" logo and description. Can you provide us the exact URL of that page?
4 - Can you confirm if you are logged as a valid user in Confluence or if you are using Anonymous access?
Let us know if you have any questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you