Saved Filter JQL getting modified automatically

Vijay Sridhar May 1, 2016

Hi,

we are using Shared Filter for default system Dashboard. Filter contains the JQL with the Project name , some times the JQL in the Saved filter is getting changed , we have Project Name column in JQL which is getting changed automatically with the number Value . so the Dashboards is throwing error . not sure how the Saved Filter is getting modified automatically  .

3 answers

1 vote
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

JIRA displays projects as numbers (project ids) if you don't have permission to view the project. sometimes

0 votes

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Project name is Constant , "project = Vijay"  & after some time only some of the filters changes to  "project = 1001" , so that Dashboards were throwing error . then again manually updating it to "project = Vijay"  , 

Also i have tried using Project Name & Project Key in the Filter ,  both are getting modified to 1001 , i am not able to trace any thing in the logs too.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 1, 2016

It's storing the project ID for some reason, I'm not sure why, but if you use or edit the filter behind it, it will save it.

@Nic Brough [Adaptavist]

Filters are Shared with everyone which dashboard uses , is there any to debug or increase the log level to check why the changes are happening to check if some event triggering the changed ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 2, 2016

I think the audit-log will capture updates made by users (Note that filters themselves don't just change randomly - your humans have to trigger updates, although this could be done by users in a number of places.  Unless there's an add-on written to do it)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 1, 2016

This can happen if you change a variable that a filter uses.  In this case, if your filter says "project = project-name" and someone renames the project, the filter may resort to using the project ID instead.

Suggest an answer