Save to delete entries in table filtersubscription

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

I usually clone my production environment and deploy it on a dev server. Now users have filter subscriptions that I don't want be sent out but I need to configure my mail server since I have to test notifications.

Is it save to just drop all the entries in the filtersubscription table?

Cheers Christian

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2013

Deleting the filter subscriptions shoudl be fine, stop jira, run SQL, restart. The subscriptions are the end of the chain so shouldn't have other dependancies. As long as you aren't touching the filters themselves, should be fine.

ServiceRocker (nee. Customware) had a guide but the DB will have changed to using user IDs in Jira 6

http://docs.servicerocket.com/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+delete+filters+and+subscriptions+added+by+other+users

Just also remember you also have emails sent from workflow events, watches, edits etc.

Worth putting a [DEV SERVER] tag on yoru SMTP configuration so that if the worst happens, people can see it's a dev box

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2013

Thanks for the suggestions. As I'm the only one working on DEV I have already configured the project I'm working on to only send mail to me and I'm not touching the projects with pre-configured notifications :-)

Suggest an answer