Save the plugin information in database

Sneha Gole December 26, 2019

image.png

so the scenario is ,I have created analysis plugin in that  have create above form (using dialog box) . and after submitting the info. it display data in table like shown in below img.image.png

but when i refresh the page table info. gets clear ,so  basically what i want is to store this info. in database so when next time i will open issue it will show saved analysis info. of  respective issue .

Please help me with this im new to jira . while researching I have came across two options 

1)Active objects 2) pluginsettings but it confusing me

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 31, 2019

The easiest way is to use plugin settings / bandana properties, but the proper way, I believe, is to use Active Objects - https://developer.atlassian.com/server/framework/atlassian-sdk/developing-your-plugin-with-active-objects/

You don't have to create a refapp plugin (as anyway it is nothing else but a little bit "more" than an empty plugin created via "atlas-create-jira-plugin)")

You can add active objects module and required dependencies at any stage of your plugin development. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

Plugin settings are for storing settings related to the configuration of the app.  If you had things like the plugin is looking at a particular field or had options like limiting it to certain groups.

Active objects is where you would store data that you want to keep.  It has constructs that support things such as tables in the screen you've shown us.

Sneha Gole December 31, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  so should i use Active objects or Plugin settings?  and whats the difference between creating plugin (using atlas-create-jira-plugin) .and  refapp plugin(atlas-create-refapp-plugin)  .. i think for using active objects we need to create refapp plugin ,im i right?

Sneha Gole December 31, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-  can u also give me the link of steps need to follow to save data of the form

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 31, 2019

You should have a read of what @Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ said - it's the same answer I would give.

Suggest an answer