Sandbox OnDemand version?

hn May 11, 2014

Hi,

I am a very new for JIRA, and need to administrate this product.

We have JIRA OnDemand version. What is the best way to have test project? I would like to have sandbox so that I can do wild and test things. By reading some entries here, I am still not clear if I could have 'Test' project and keep it as an experimental.

Also, having a multiple projects (at least 2, one 'Test', and real production one) use the same database in OnDemand version? If I delete 'Test' project, how does it affect to the other project? Any clutter on DB?

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

Hello,

I suggest you to install an onpremise JIRA version, backup your on-demand instance and restore all data into your new JIRA. In this way you have a staging JIRA instance.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

hn May 11, 2014

Thank you, Fabio, for your answer.

So, do you purchase a licence for download version as well to create sandbox? (and setup server with postgreSQL?). Sorry for more questions...

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2014

Hello,

for each license bought, Atlassian provides you some developer licenses that can be used for staging/pre-production instences. I think that Atllasian uses the same approach for on demand too.

If you expand the License Info of the product, you will 'View Developer License' option near by Actions.

Regards,

Fabio

Suggest an answer