Samsung 6 Series (50) JIRA board display

Christoffer_Balle February 27, 2019

Hello all

I hope some of you can help me with this.

When i open a board in the safari browser, on a Samsung Smart TV 6 series 50, it goes white and nothing appears, how do i fix this? or is it even possible to make it work?

Tell me if you need more info on this.

1 answer

0 votes
Stephen Sifers
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 8, 2019

Hello Christoffer and welcome to the Community!

As far as Jira displaying within a browser on a Samsung TV, all signs point to Yes this should work. The Jira Supported Platforms page shows that Safari is supported (But only on Mac or iOS devices).

There are also other posts with a similar idea which report it working. You may find these posts here:

Would Jira work well in Samsung Smart TV built in web browser?

What Smart TV's are compatible with JIRA 6.4.5?  

Now the fun part will be troubleshooting your TV and why you’re getting a blank screen on load. I would attempt access additional URLs within Jira to see if that's page/dashboard/project that is causing a blank load screen. An external Jira instance you could test with would be https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa. If that comes up empty, then possibly review the Jira server logs and see if any errors are thrown.

We’ll be interested to hear if you were able to access Jira via your Samsung TV.

Regards,
Stephen Sifers

Suggest an answer