Same user, simultaneous log in to JIRA and Confluence

Roland Mori May 13, 2014

We have JIRA 6.2 and Confluence 5.5 running on the same server, but under different Tomcats. All users are authenticated using JIRA Internal Directory. If a user is logged into JIRA and then logs into Confluence, his connection to JIRA is lost, but he is not returned to the JIRA login screen. Is there a way to return the user to the login screen if he logs into Confluence?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
FelipeA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hey Roland,

Probably you're running JIRA and Confluence on the same machine, without a contextpath for each one, so to solve this, you have to change the cookie name for either JIRA or Confluence.

I suggest you to change your JIRA cookie name, by adding this JVM opt to your startup:

-Dorg.apache.catalina.SESSION_COOKIE_NAME=JIRASESSIONID

You can add this JAVA_OPT by following this procedure.

After that, you'll need to restart your JIRA instance.

Best regards,

Felipe Alencastro

Roland Mori May 13, 2014

Hello Felipe,

Thank you for your response. Yes - I'm running both JIRA and Confluence on the same system. I changed the JIRA cookie name as you suggested above and this works as long as the user is using different browsers. If he opens both sessions using the same browser (chrome, firefox, IE), he is still logged out of his other session. But if he opens the sessions using different browsers, both sessions are functional.

I'd prefer that he be able to open both sessions by simply using different tabs of the same browser. Any additional thoughts?

Thank you,

Roland Mori

Suggest an answer