Same notification scheme not working for another project

Ed Sattar December 3, 2013

Same notification scheme not working for 2nd project.

Although i have assgned the scheme for both projects.

6 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Hi Ed,

As Both Rahul and Joe said : check if your workflow is indeed firing the correct event (and not the Generic Events) in both projects.

Secondly check if you have enabled Notify Me Of My Own Changes in your profile, otherwise you will not get an email for anything you do.

Thirdly check the Mail Queue (which can be found in your System Tab on your Jira Admin page), maybe you'll need to flush these mails.

Fourthly check your spam filter, it might just be blocking the mails for some reason.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 3, 2013

Are both projects using the same workflow? different workflows may fire different events that aren't covered by the notification scheme.

0 votes
Ed Sattar December 3, 2013

JIRA 5.2 .

@Peter On issue creation i am not receiving email for 2nd project.

@Rahul Same Notification scheme is select for both project.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Check the workflow on both projects ; are they the same. it may be that the create issue event is not triggered by your second project.

Also worth checking your mail queue, if emails are getting stuck. I would suggest create two issues on Proj A and B. If A generates email then you can rule out the mail queue issue.

Check if it is only create issue event not triggering emails or other events such as issue updated and commented also not generating emails.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2013

Some more information about notification schemes can be found here :

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+a+Notification+Scheme

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2013

Can you go into both your project admin screens and check the notification scheme in there. If on your 2nd project the notifications are not working and working on your first, then it is more likely that it has not been enabled for your second project.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 3, 2013

Hi Ed,

Could you please elaborate?

What is not working?

Do you get an error?

Do the log files give you any indication?

Which version of Jira are you using?

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer