Same filter, different results - Chart results and issue navigator search for the same query

Megha Jamba May 10, 2016

Hi,

Explaining the issue in detail,

1. Create a query where we search a particular customized field value for a single issue type
  2. Export the results in a 2d chart
  3. The chart shows missing customized field value count for Open issues as 8
  4. When we click the count '8', the issue navigator lists just 6 issues.

To re-check when we put down the directly in the issue navigator, using the Order by external id, the missing customized field value count is actually 8.

2016-05-11_14-06-11.png

2016-05-11_14-07-07.png

2016-05-11_14-05-00.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Partyka
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 10, 2016

Hi,

it is easy! In the second filter you forgot about "Bug type" is EMPTY

Megha Jamba May 11, 2016

Hey Michal,

Thanks for the response. I guess I have not made myself clear here. Let me explain again, the first screenshot (chart) shows 8 results whereas when we click on '8', the issue navigator just shows 6 results instead of 8. 

The third screenshot I have put to make it clear that there are actually 8, but the issue navigator shows wrong results for the chart (in the 2nd one).

Do you have any idea why this happens?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2016

Could you show us the JQL of the filter behind the 2d chart?  And then the JQL it generates when you click on the "8" (and get 6).

MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 11, 2016

It could also happen if you don't have permission to view all 8 issues

Megha Jamba May 11, 2016

Hi Matt,

It could not be the permission issue, because I have the superadmin access.

Hi Nic,
PFB queries used:

1. Query for the chart - issuetype in ("Internal - Defect") AND project = "Crestel BSS 6.0" ORDER BY cf[11740] DESC
  2. When we click on '8', the issue navigator shows this JQL - issuetype in ("Internal - Defect") AND project = "Crestel BSS 6.0" AND status = Open AND "Bug Type" is EMPTY ORDER BY cf[11740] DESC

PS. cf[11740] is the issue id for the customized field 'Bug Type'.

Hope this helps.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2016

Admin access has nothing to do with the visibility of issues - it lets you have admin rights, not see/do anything (Admin rights include the right to set up the system so you can see everything of course)

The filters look good to me, so it suggests a broken index.  Could you try re-indexing the project?

Suggest an answer