Salesforce JIRA Plugin Go2Groups

Tousif Shaikh July 22, 2015

Hello Team->

@Jobin Kuruvilla @Jobin Kuruvilla [Go2Group]

We are evaluating go2groups sales-force plugin. we need below details at very high level is there any one who can help us.

1) Pre-requisite - JIRA and Sales force.

2) Plugin need to install in JIRA only ? or is there any configuration need to update in sales force.

3) We have blocked Rest API it has to go through internal pool, Can you please share list of Rest API  methods called from Salesforce to JIRA  and vica versa - creating issues / updating / editing issue / View issue.

4) also need Rest api while updating or viewing issue in salesforce from Jira.

5) salesforce to jira mapping steps.

6) how to map jira user in sales-force.

Thank you,

Tousif Shaikh.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

@Tousif Shaikh Can you write to support at go2group dot com with these questions? I can partially answer the questions but it is better to get the full details from the relevant team. Thanks!

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2015

Oh, I will follow up ;)

Tousif Shaikh July 22, 2015

Thank you! for all your help and support.

3 votes
Wayne Westmoreland July 22, 2015

Items 1 and 2 are covered in the F.A.Q. at https://doc.go2group.com/display/CRMPJ4/06.+CRM+FAQ#id-06.CRMFAQ-q7

For items 3 and 4 I will have to refer you to the Salesforce SOAP API documentation.  The Go2Group CRM plugin does not use REST.  Note that there are no incoming connections from the CRM server to your JIRA server.  The only network connections needed are a SOAP connection from JIRA to your CRM server and regular HTTP or HTTPS connections from a CRM user's browser to your JIRA server.

Item 5:  All field mappings between CRM and JIRA are controlled in JIRA from the plugin's "JIRA/CRM Field Mappings" setup screen.

Item 6: User accounts in Salesforce are matched to JIRA user accounts using email addresses.  Just pass the email address from CRM to those JIRA fields that contain JIRA user accounts.

I'll be happy to provide further assistance, just email me at wwestmoreland at go2group dot com.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2015

@Wayne Westmoreland Thanks Wayne!

Razaq Omar September 10, 2015

You've mentioned that the plugin does not use REST, how does this affect it when Atlassian completely removes the SOAP support form JIRA?

Wayne Westmoreland September 10, 2015

The plugin is using the SOAP services of the CRM system not JIRA, Atlassian's changes stop JIRA from being a SOAP server, but JIRA is still free to function as a SOAP client.

Suggest an answer