SVN commit and JIRA 7 hook

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2016

We are setting up JIRA 7 and was wondering how I can setup a hook so every SVN checkin would require a JIRA tickets in the SVN Commit comment?

Thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2016

There are several add-ons in the Atlassian Marketplace that can help you with Subversion and JIRA

Reference: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?application=jira&category=&cost=&hosting=&marketingLabel=&q=Subversion

However, it seems that you need a pre-commit hook script, not an add-on on which you can just create one yourself. There are also plenty of pre-commit examples in the net.

1 vote
Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2016

I believe you're going to need to use this paid update to the commit acceptance plugin.  This is why we are possibly not going to move past JIRA 6.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.midori.jira.plugin.jira-commit-policy-plugin/server/overview

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 12, 2016

Looks like they support JIRA 7.0.10 now. 

Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2016

Hi @Robert Horan!

Commit Policy Plugin is much more than just an update to the old Commit Acceptance Plugin. Is this the add-on license fee that blocks you from upgrading to JIRA 7? 

(I'm a developer working on the add-on. Please send me a private message if you don't want to answer publicly.)

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 15, 2016

It is, due to cost.

Suggest an answer