SU for JIRA is only for ADMIN

Ella Zīle January 8, 2015

Hello!

Maybe You knew, is the  SU for JIRA plug-in only for ADMIN or it can be used by users, too?

Regards,

Ella

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

It's for admins.  You wouldn't want other users having access because it defeats the whole point of them having accounts. 

Nic Brough, is it a similar plug-in for users? I need to log in with my collegue user and do some activities and the sistem shows my login like Ella Zile (Nic Brough).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2015

Eh? "login as your colleague and then do stuff as yourself" - that's a total waste of time. Login as yourself. Su is an administrators tool, intended for debugging "what a user sees". It should not be used to impersonate other users for updates. (That would be downright illegal in some places)

I don-t want do something illegel :) I have a substitute, then he is out of office I need to log in with his login and do stuff. I want the sistem shows the stuff has done Ella Zile (Nic Brough)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2015

That leaves a false trail of information about who did things in the system. Which makes it pointless having the accounts. Why can't you do it as yourself? Do it honestly and openly and if questioned why you're doing stuff instead of him, you can say "he's away"

0 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2015

For instance if I posted a comment for you here it should not look like you posted it!

Suggest an answer