STASH cannot Browse JIRA User Directory

Qadeer GHouri September 18, 2012

i have configured STASH.. but still facing a problem that is when I try to Import users from Jira Directory it gives the following error:

"Connection test failed. Response from the server:

com.atlassian.crowd.exception.InvalidAuthenticationException: Application failed to authenticate"

kindly suggest me some solutoin.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2012

You need to setup JIRA for usermanagement first. You are probably using your JIRA admin credetials there. Which is not want you want.

You need to configure credentials for the application (Stash) to connect to JIRA. This is done in JIRA.

See this URL for some help - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+Crowd+or+JIRA+for+User+Management#ConnectingtoCrowdorJIRAforUserManagement-ConnectingConfluencetoJIRAforUserManagement

Thanks Colin:

I did successfully with Confluence and FishEye , but I am having issue with Stash-Jira. To cope that I have installed Crowd, Now i want to import Jira's User but I am unable to add configurations seting, I am attaching the ScreenShot below. kindly help me.

Thanks Colin:

I did successfully with Confluence and FishEye , but I am having issue with Stash-Jira. To cope that I have installed Crowd, Now i want to import Jira's User but I am unable to add configurations seting, I am attaching the ScreenShot below. kindly help me.

Qadeer GHouri September 24, 2012

Sir, I am sending you again both sides face. In JIRA. I have created two Groups. which can been seen in Screen Shot, and also I am sending you Stash side.

These Applications are interconnected using Add Application Link.

Kindly help me resolving Issue.

0 votes
Deleted user May 21, 2013

Hi! I have exact same problem! And so far it has not been possible to resolve.

Suggest an answer