SSO integration issue with JIRA 5.0.2

We have a running instance of JIRA 4.2.1 with integrated SSO, now we are in a process of upgrading JIRA to 5.0.2 version. We have done almost all the required steps and JIRA 5.0.2 is running perfectly with existing database. But when I am deploying the existing SSO integration related files it redirects perfectly on SSO url but when it come back to JIRA it shows some error like "java.lang.AbstractMethodError". I have attached a screen shot of above error.

Thanks in Advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Did you also extend your Authenticator implementation class from JiraSeraphAuthenticator? This is the class used now in seraph-config.xml.

if you have extended you implementation class from DefaultAuthenticator only you will get the error since getUser is an abstract method in DefaultAuthenticator As an alternative you could keep on extending DefaultAuthenticator but you had to implement everything in getUser(request,response) and avoid to call getUser(name) from there.

Thanks Dieter, your solution works well..........

hi, i am facing the same problem. i do not quit understand the solution. can explain more?

Thanks

hi Dieter and Grover,

Can please share the solution? i still cannot solve this after such a long time :(

Hi Dieter and Grover,

Can share how to implement getUser(name) in the getUser(request, response)????

Please help...

Panguin, Dieter is referring to item 2.2 on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CROWD/Integrating+Crowd+with+Atlassian+JIRA

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

220 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you