SSO/Login Problems in integration JIRA and Crowd

황재웅 May 19, 2016

I am integrating Crowd with JIRA/Confluence.

And I did SSO login Crowd with Confluence. But, I can't do SSO login Crowd with JIRA.

I read Integrating Crowd with Atlassian JIRA page and did it all about SSO Login, but I didn't success sso login between JIRA - Crowd.

Here is my problem and my condition.

Before I change seraph-config.xml file in jira/web-inf/classes, I can log in JIRA.

But when I change seraph-config.xml file and restart JIRA, I can't log in JIRA.

I don't know what the problem is and what causes this situations.

Please help me.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2016

What exactly are the changes you make to the seraph config file?  (Actually, that's a bad question - what I am trying to do is get confirmation that the changes you make there are exactly what the documentation says to do - is that what you're doing?)

More importantly though, what does the log in JIRA say when you try to log in?  I am guessing you are getting some form of "incorrect user/password" error in the front end, but what warnings/errors are in the logs?  Jira-home/logs/atlassian-jira.log is the one to check.

황재웅 May 22, 2016

Sorry... I am not good at English...

My changes is related with 2.2 Configure JIRA to use Crowd's Authenticator to enable SSO (Optional) in documentation.

I comment <JiraSeraphAuthenticator> and uncomment <SSOSeraphAuthenticator>.

And JIRA says below....

제목 없음.png

And, I coun't find atlassian-jira.log in JIRA/logs folder. So, I show some logs in catalina.log file in JIRA/logs folder.

WARNING [http-nio-8989-exec-4] null.null A servlet request, to the URI http://localhost:8989/rest/gadget/1.0/login, contains form parameters in the request body but the request body has been consumed by the servlet or a servlet filter accessing the request parameters. Only resource method using @FormParam will work as expected. REsource methods comsuming the request body by other measn will not work as expected.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2016

Ok, We need to see the atlassian-jira.log, not catalina.out.  Please look in the JIRA home directory, not the JIRA installation directory.

I can't tell you where your jira-home directory might be - you will have selected it during the installation process.

황재웅 May 22, 2016

Here is last part of atlassian-jira.log

2016-05-23 18:55:14,766 UpmScheduler:thread-1 WARN anonymous [c.a.upm.pac.PacClientImpl] Error when querying application info from MPAC: com.atlassian.marketplace.client.MpacException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to marketplace.atlassian.com:443 [marketplace.atlassian.com/131.103.28.7] failed: connect timed out
2016-05-23 18:56:00,192 Caesium-1-1 DEBUG [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.support.healthcheck.support-healthcheck-plugin]
2016-05-23 18:56:31,397 Caesium-1-3 WARN ServiceRunner [c.a.a.c.hash.reader.RemoteHashingInstructionsReader] Unable to read remote instructions with key 'uid.onewayhash'.
2016-05-23 18:56:31,397 Caesium-1-3 WARN ServiceRunner [c.a.a.client.hash.BcryptAnalyticsEmailHasher] No instructions for hashing could be found.
2016-05-23 18:59:20,707 http-nio-8989-exec-11 ERROR anonymous 1139x11x5 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/jeditortemplateresource/1.0/commonrest/getCustomJS [c.a.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager] Unable to create new reference LazyLoadedFilterReference{descriptor=com.jiraeditor.jeditor:template-resource-filter (The Template Resource Plugin), filterConfig=com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.filter.PluginFilterConfig@2ec4687}
com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.jiraeditor.jeditor.rests.PrepopulationResource': Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.jiraeditor.jeditor.rests.PrepopulationResource]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.getWebResourceManager()Lcom/atlassian/plugin/webresource/WebResourceManager;
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.get(LazyReference.java:112)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager.getInstance(DefaultServletModuleManager.java:374)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager.getFilter(DefaultServletModuleManager.java:367)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager.getFilters(DefaultServletModuleManager.java:227)
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.DefaultRestServletModuleManager.getFilters(DefaultRestServletModuleManager.java:121)
... 84 filtered
at com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:70)
... 16 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.servlet.RestSeraphFilter.doFilter(RestSeraphFilter.java:37)
... 74 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'com.jiraeditor.jeditor.rests.PrepopulationResource': Bean instantiation via constructor failed; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.jiraeditor.jeditor.rests.PrepopulationResource]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.getWebResourceManager()Lcom/atlassian/plugin/webresource/WebResourceManager;
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:275)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireConstructor(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1139)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1042)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:504)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:476)
... 2 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.spring.DefaultSpringContainerAccessor.createBean(DefaultSpringContainerAccessor.java:97)
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.OsgiComponentProviderFactory$ContainerManagedComponentProvider.getInstance(OsgiComponentProviderFactory.java:89)
... 3 filtered
at com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors.processWithErrors(Errors.java:193)
... 8 filtered
at com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors.processWithErrors(Errors.java:193)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter$JerseyOsgiServletContainer.initiate(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:159)
... 5 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.initServletContainer(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:88)
at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.module.RestDelegatingServletFilter.init(RestDelegatingServletFilter.java:61)
... 1 filtered
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager$LazyLoadedFilterReference.create(DefaultServletModuleManager.java:443)
at com.atlassian.plugin.servlet.DefaultServletModuleManager$LazyLoadedFilterReference.create(DefaultServletModuleManager.java:430)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$Sync.run(LazyReference.java:325)
at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:143)
... 185 more
Caused by: org.springframework.beans.BeanInstantiationException: Failed to instantiate [com.jiraeditor.jeditor.rests.PrepopulationResource]: Constructor threw exception; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.getWebResourceManager()Lcom/atlassian/plugin/webresource/WebResourceManager;
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:163)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.SimpleInstantiationStrategy.instantiate(SimpleInstantiationStrategy.java:122)
at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.ConstructorResolver.autowireConstructor(ConstructorResolver.java:267)
... 222 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.getWebResourceManager()Lcom/atlassian/plugin/webresource/WebResourceManager;
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.utils.ResourceUtils.getToolbarIconsImage(ResourceUtils.java:20)
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.settings.PropertyStores.DefaultValuesStore.buttonParams(DefaultValuesStore.java:308)
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.settings.PropertyStores.DefaultValuesStore.fillDefaultValues(DefaultValuesStore.java:84)
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.settings.PropertyStores.DefaultValuesStore.<init>(DefaultValuesStore.java:25)
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.settings.PropertyProviders.InlinePropertyService.<init>(InlinePropertyService.java:26)
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.factories.DefaultFactory.getPropertyService(DefaultFactory.java:51)
at com.jiraeditor.jeditor.rests.PrepopulationResource.<init>(PrepopulationResource.java:71)
... 3 filtered
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.springframework.beans.BeanUtils.instantiateClass(BeanUtils.java:147)
... 224 more
2016-05-23 18:59:31,333 http-nio-8989-exec-14 DEBUG anonymous 1139x14x1 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [c.a.activeobjects.osgi.ActiveObjectsServiceFactory] getService bundle [com.atlassian.jira.plugins.webhooks.jira-webhooks-plugin]

And, Here is last part of atlassian-jira-security.log

2016-05-23 18:59:31,302 http-nio-8989-exec-14 anonymous 1139x14x1 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : '*****' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
2016-05-23 18:59:31,380 http-nio-8989-exec-14 anonymous 1139x14x1 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user '*****' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 1
2016-05-23 18:59:42,631 http-nio-8989-exec-15 anonymous 1139x15x1 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : '*****' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.
2016-05-23 18:59:42,662 http-nio-8989-exec-15 anonymous 1139x15x1 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/gadget/1.0/login The user '*****' has FAILED authentication. Failure count equals 2
2016-05-23 19:07:02,525 http-nio-8989-exec-16 anonymous 1147x16x1 lmrt73 12.23.67.106 /rest/gadget/1.0/login login : '*****' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 22, 2016

Ok, that's consistent with the user not being valid for usage with JIRA (check that the user can log in to Crowd and that they are in the JIRA group for login in Crowd as well), but it's often a symptom of a failed JIRA/Crowd synchronisation or a complete disconnect. 

I think we need to read through your whole JIRA log from startup to the point of login, looking for any errors related to Crowd or users logging in.

(The long errors in the Atlassian JIRA log suggest that you've got an invalid version of the JEditor add-on installed, which you should upgrade or remove, but that won't be breaking the SSO and user directory stuff)

Suggest an answer