SSO Jira - Confluence

Hi all

I have installed the latest Jira and Confluence version. Everything is looking fine just one point which I am not happy with.

I set it up so Confluence will handle its user on the Jira side.

But now if I am login in Jira and want to switch to Confluence I have to login at the Confluence side as well. :-/

Where I have to change something so I only have to login on one side ether Confluence or Jira?

The applications are running on its own server. What is needed that the apps will trust each other?

Many thanks for help.

Cheers, Hansueli

2 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes
Joe Wai Tye Atlassian Team Jun 03, 2014

Hey there. As far as I know, by default JIRA and Confluence does not have SSO features. Instead, you would have to use either Atlassian Crowd, or any of the custom authenticators listed here

Thanks Joe, I try it with Crowd.

Cheers

Hansueli

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,236 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you