SQL to retrieve issue details

Mangesh Rane December 22, 2014

Can you please provide the SQL to collect all information about issue, including comments, statuses, etc. we know the issue ID, looking for SQL which will take input as issueID, will return all information.

2 answers

0 votes
Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2015

It is possible to use SQL for JIRA to perform the query you are asking for. 

Ex:

select *
from issues i inner join comments c on c.issueid = i.id inner join issuestatusdefinitions sd on i.statusid=sd.id where i.id=?

All the Issue fields (including custom fields) are covered by SQL for JIRA so you can join the rest of the issu tables in order to view all the data at a glance.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

It's long, complex and clumsy.  It can change with different versions, and I wouldn't even try to build a single querty that would get "everything" because it'll be in a dreadful format for you.

I would suggest taking a good hard look at why you are asking for this?  I can pretty much guarantee that "read the raw database" is the worst possible way to do what you are trying to do.

If you insist though, then please see https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Database+Schema

Mangesh Rane December 22, 2014

we want to import one particular issue from our backup database to production DB, not sure how much extra tables need to join to get all details.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 22, 2014

You will need to join around 18 tables together, and the process is complex if you use SQL: Stop JIRA Take a full backup Ensure that you can build a working JIRA from that backup Run the SQL Restart JIRA Re-index it Test thoroughly Let users back in A far better option would be to export the xml from the backup, use "project import" in a temporary JIRA to import the missing issue.

Suggest an answer