SQL query on Jira user properties

Tim Brown June 3, 2012

In our Jira environment (v4.3) we use the user properties feature to store metadata against a user. We'd like to be able to report on user's by these properties.

Can someone advise which table stores the user properties & what key it uses to link to the cwd_user table?

Thanks in advance.

Tim

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bjarni Thorbjornsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2012

Hi Tim,

I think this is what you are looking for:

select * 
  from propertyentry pe, 
    propertystring ps,
    external_entities ee
  where pe.ID = ps.ID
    and ee.ID = pe.ENTITY_ID
    and PROPERTY_KEY like 'jira.meta.%'

But you should of course rather use the public interface, something like:

PropertySet properties = userPropertyManager.getPropertySet(user);

Hope this helps,

-Bjarni

Edmond Ho April 27, 2017

Thanks for the heads up! I ended up modifying it to join the cwd_user table so I can view the users that it's applied to:

select pe.property_key, cu.user_name, cu.email_address from propertyentry pe JOIN cwd_user cu ON pe.entity_ID = cu.id where property_key LIKE "%jira.meta%" order by cu.email_address;
0 votes
Christoph Lasecki March 11, 2019

In newer Jira Versions it's a different Table, not cwd_user it's now app_user. Here is the Query:

select pe.property_key, ps.propertyvalue, apu.user_key
from propertyentry pe
JOIN app_user apu ON pe.entity_ID = apu.id
Left JOIN propertystring ps ON ps.id = pe.id
where property_key LIKE '%jira.meta.%'
0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2012

If I understand correctly, the table should be CWD_USER_ATTRIBUTES.

Tim Brown June 3, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but it must be a different table from this one - I added a new property to a user (Admin > Users > Edit properties) and cannot see it in this table.

Any other suggestions?

Tim

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 3, 2012

If you are using crowd, it is cwd_user_attribute and we use this in a query to get information all the time. I am not sure JIRA uses the crowd support for its attributes.

Suggest an answer