SQL query for JIRA saved filter

Jean_Paul_Ferrer April 13, 2014

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any way of retrieving the information from my saved filter using a query on a direct connection to mysql db.

If I want to generate the information and result is below 1000 rows, this is the process:

query - > search for issues -> export button -> choose "Excel (current fields)"

The information will automatically be saved on my local folder.

Currently, we have an issue on exporting the information from my save filter if the result set is beyond 1000 rows.

To be more clear, details are as follows:

JQL: project = projectxyz AND issuetype = "Customer Incident" AND created >= -52w

Information I would like to retrieve based on the JQL:

1. Key (Jira Issue ID)
  2. Issue Type
  3. Summary
  4. Found In
  5. Status
  6. Resolution
  7. Created
  8. Date of First Response
  9. Resolved
  10. Custom Field1
  11. Custom Field2
  12. Severity

Please advise if there is a way to retrieve the same result from my save filter. Otherwise, kindly let me guide me on creating the sql-query to be able to get the data.

By the way. I'm using JIRA 6.1.1

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Dudley [Inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

Jean Paul,

I agree with Nic that the SQL will not necessarily be straightforward (although I believe that the resolution date actually is available in the jiraissue table).

However, if you want to increase the max limit of 1,000 rows in your export, this may save you from having to use SQL at all:

Scott

Jean_Paul_Ferrer April 14, 2014

Hi Scott,

Thank you for the references, we did try to increase the max limit but executing it overloads and affects the performance of JIRA and is not good for a production environment where we have a lot of users.

0 votes
Jean_Paul_Ferrer April 29, 2014

Thanks scott.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2014

Your JQL is fine, you're limited in the Excel download because it's resource heavy and can overload your server if you use it with a large data set

You should be thinking about why you want thousands of records (a human simply can't process that much data, so you must be looking for summaries or data slices and a far better option that random downloads of already obsolete information is to do the reporting in Jira)

The SQL is complex - Key, issue type, created data, summary, status, and resolution are all on the main table jiraissue, but

to get first response and resolved, you'll need to read the history changeitem and changegroup to establish them, as they're not necessarily stored in the database at all

for custom field 1 and 2you need to read customfieldvalue and customfield

found-in and severity are odd. They are probably custom fields (in which case, see above). Unless you meant "priority" and/or "affects version", in which case, you can read jiraissue for the priority again, but you'll be mucking around with nodeassociation and versions to get affects version

Jean_Paul_Ferrer April 14, 2014

Hi Nic,

Thank you very much for the detailed response. I will map the fields and hopefully everything can be retrieved easily. Currently, I've seen the table jiraissue for the other fields. I will check the history change item and change group for the other custom fields.

One thing, before 6.1, pkey is being ised for JIRA issue ID. Any advise on how it can be extracted for JIRA 6.1 and above?

Scott Dudley [Inactive]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2014

Try:

select p.pkey || '-' || ji.issuenum as issuekey,summary from jiraissue ji left join project p on p.id=ji.project limit 15;

You may need to use a different string concatenation operator/function, depending on your specific SQL dialect.

Jean_Paul_Ferrer July 12, 2018

Suggest an answer