SQL Server testing

Deleted user November 17, 2017

Hi,  I have two questions here related to connection between jira application and MS SQL server

First, for JIRA Software server evaluation, SQL Server 2014 is on the support platform list,  anyone using 2008 ? which is not on atlassian's list ?

Second, what should I config in order to connect JIRA applications to SQL 2014 ?  any instructions ? 

1 answer

2 votes
RianS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2017

Atlassian has pretty good documentation on connecting a JIRA instance to a number of different database types. The documentation is located here for JIRA (7.6):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/connecting-jira-applications-to-a-database-938846850.html

Personally I've only used Postgres for our JIRA database backend so I can't answer your first question. The supported versions for various versions of JIRA listed SQL Server 2008 for JIRA 7.0-7.1 and then dropped 2008 starting with JIRA 7.2. It may continue to work with later versions, but probably not supported.

Deleted user November 20, 2017

Many thanks! 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events