SQL Server express not supported? I have SQL Server 2014

Joe Fenton April 4, 2017

I'm using Jira Core 7.3.2 and I get Lucene healthcheck warnings that my database is not supported, that I have always been using with Jira. I have SQL Server 2014 (not express). The health check tells me that SQL Server express is not supported, and that I should move to a supported database. What is the resolution for this issue?

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2017

SQL Server 2014 is supported, from the supported platforms documentation

I'm confused by the message - it's a Lucene check, which should be checking the integrity of the index, but it's throwing a database error.

Usually there's a "more info" and a link in there to how to fix it. Do you have that? 

The documentation for the health checks is here.

One guess - it might be worth looking at what DB driver you're using. You can find this in Administration > System Information.  Maybe that's why it's mistaking that you're using SQL Server Express, or maybe it's connected to a database you're not expecting?

Joe Fenton April 5, 2017

In System Information it says database type: mssql, and it is pointing to the correct location. The database version is 12.00.5203 and the driver is Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase 1.3.1.

The problem detected says Supported Platforms -> Supported database -> SQL Server Express is not supported.

The how to resolve this issue link https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/health-check-supported-database-872139722.html doesn't help

Suggest an answer