SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraaction (ID, issueid, AUTHOR

vince maraia February 24, 2014

Hi, I'm trying to migrate my data from the internal Jira db to mysql. I believe have the mysql db set up correctly as UTF-8 and when I try import a backup of my data I get the error above (more details below:). Any suggestions, I searched the web and didn't find much. A Big thanks! Vince

Error importing data: java.lang.Exception: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:Action][id,12364][body,As per the spreadsheet from Dana, business access the following text Wi-Fi Only option selected and WiFi is unavailable when user attempts to place Vonage call Message title No internet connection. Aucune connexion internet Sin Conexión de Internet body The Extensions app is unable to connect to the Vonage network. Please check that your phone has a Wi-Fi or 3G data connection. If your phone has a Wi-Fi or 3G data connection and this problem persists, please try again later. L'application Extensions est incapable de se connecter au réseau Vonage. Veuillez vérifier que votre téléphone possède les données de connexion pour Wi-Fi ou 3G. Si ce problème persiste malgré le fait que votre téléphone possède les données de connexion pour Wi-Fi ou 3G, veuillez réessayer plus tard. La aplicación de Extensions no puede conectarse a la red de Vonage. Por favor, comprueba que tu teléfono tiene Wi-Fi o conexión de datos 3G. Si tu teléfono tiene Wi-Fi o conexión 3G y el problema persiste, por favor, Inténtelo de nuevo más tarde. (Ankita Raut 10/25/2013 6:58:28 PM)][author,QC-Ankita Raut <araut>][updated,2013-10-25 22:58:58.611][created,2013-10-25 22:58:58.611][issue,22135][type,comment][updateauthor,QC-Ankita Raut <araut>] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO jiraaction (ID, issueid, AUTHOR, actiontype, actionlevel, rolelevel, actionbody, CREATED, UPDATEAUTHOR, UPDATED, actionnum) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (Incorrect string value: '\xCC\x81n de...' for column 'actionbody' at row 1))

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 25, 2014

Incorrect string value in mysql almost always means you're trying to push data into it with the wrong encoding.

You need to check that the database really is fully utf-8 AND that the source data is as well!

Suggest an answer