JIRA customer portal support formatting description

Bryan Bai January 15, 2018

JIRA already support WYSWYG description, but JIRA service desk portal doesn't.

there no way for a user to input rich text from customer portal now. have there any 3rd party plugin can do that ?

6 answers

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

I've tried to update it for a question but couldm't I,ve therefore added a "SOLVED" prefix in the title :)

Glad it helped!

0 votes

thanks a lot, that make my day.

I should put this thread as a question and allow me to accept it. :)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2018

It is a question now!

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2018

Good news, there's a few modules to enable in the addon (explained on an admin page once installed) and you can use it on the portal for system fields or customfields :)

Have fun!

image.png

Nina Zolotova March 2, 2018

Hi, Micky! 

What addon did you use for this result? jEditor or another one?

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2018

Hi Nina,

yes I did use JEditor add-on to get the result from the above screenshot, please note that you might need to enable some addons modules as explained in JEditor’s documentation if you want to use it with Service Desk!

Cheers!

Nina Zolotova March 5, 2018

Thanks a lot!

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2018

Hi Bryan,

I might be mistaken, the other thread is pretty old as well so I do think you should give it a try :) From what I remember there was additional configuration but it should be possible.

I'll give it a try if I can find some time :)

Cheers

0 votes

Hi Micky, thanks for quick response. I have a read about the jEditor, but didn't see it can works on JIRA service desk customer portal. and I do see another community post about this question: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JEditor-on-SD-2-0-in-JIRA/qaq-p/90313

can you confirm it works with JIRA service desk ? anyway, I will have a try on our staging server.

0 votes
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 15, 2018

Hi,

I do remember using JEditor addon in the past and I,m pretty sure it's doing well on customer portal (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.jiraeditor.jeditor/server/overview). There might be other addons but it's the one I know about. Pretty straight forward, can be used for advanced features :)

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer