SOLVED I delete a user in JIRA but Bitbucket Server still counts him

dinis brazão August 5, 2019

I reached the limit of five on my Btbucketserver.
Actually we are only 2 but we show as being 5 and now I'd like to change that:

1 > As an administrator of both systems and lso a user, I am counted twice on bitbucket

2 > There are 2 other dev I already removed from the bitbucket-users group (on JIRA) but they still show on the Bitbucket uses list (one of them I removed him entirely as a user but he still appears on bitbucket.

Any idea on how t solve this 

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
dinis brazão December 30, 2019

As per @Andy Heinzer suggestion, I'm posting the solution:

Somehow the bitbucket Global permissions was not taking into account the new users belonging to the JIRA bitbucket-users group.

removed bitbucket-users group from Global permissions and inserted it again. As per.... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/I-delete-a-user-in-JIRA-but-Bitbucket-Server-still-counts-him/td-p/1147223

Thanks for your help

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 6, 2019

Howdy,

I understand that you have removed/deleted users from Jira and in turn are expecting these to lower the count of licensed users in Bitbucket.  This is possible if Jira is acting as a user server for Bitbucket. 

There are a few different KBs on our site that can help you to identify the specific user accounts in question that are taking up such license seats for different applications.   For example:

Bitbucket Server:

How do I find which users count against my Bitbucket Server license? will provide you some curl queries against the Bitbucket REST API to determine users that are counting towards those license seats.

Jira Server:

Whereas, if you're concerned about license Jira users (which I don't think you are here), you could use some SQL queries defined in How to Get a List of Active Users Counting Towards the JIRA application License.

Perhaps these guides can help you to correctly identify the accounts in question here.

Please let us know if you have any additional concerns about this.

Cheers,

Andy

dinis brazão August 7, 2019

Hi Thanks for your reply. I solved it meanwhile and should have updated this post.

explain the issue and solution on my reply to Jack, above.

Thanks for your help

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 7, 2019

Thanks for letting us know, @dinis brazão 

If you post your solution as an Answer, instead of a reply to another post, you can then accept your answer as the solution.  This way the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results, rather than you trying to edit the title of the post itself.

Regards,

Andy

Like dinis brazão likes this
0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 6, 2019

Hi and Welcome,

Please could you log in into Bitbucket Server and check how many users you have there? Probably there are some of them in the Bitbucket Internal Directory instead.

Are you sure your bitbucket is connected to the Jira user directory?

Kind Regards

dinis brazão August 7, 2019

Hi Thanks for your reply. I solved it meanwhile and should have updated this post.

Somehow the bitbucket Global permissions was not taking into account the new users belonging to the JIRA bitbucket-users group.

removed bitbucket-users group from Global permissions and inserted it again. As per.... https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/I-delete-a-user-in-JIRA-but-Bitbucket-Server-still-counts-him/td-p/1147223

Thanks for your help

Suggest an answer