[SOLVED] Getting the Resolve Screen to Display to a User during a transition.

Jason Stroble May 27, 2014

I've created a custom workflow, custom screens, custom fields, and schemes for the previously mentioned. I've associated all this to my project and it all seems to be working excluding the display of the Resolution screen.

My question is how to do I get the resolve screen to display to the user during a transition that it is already associated to? It seems no matter what screen I select for the transition it always displays one of my custom screens I've created (the screen I've associated to the Create issue operation). I do not have any screens associated to the Edit or View Issue Operation in the Screen Scheme ... should I associate the Resolution screen to one of those?!

Thanks!

EDIT: Below I have the following images - Screen Scheme, Text Workflow view, Start Work Transition (No Screen Associated), and Work Complete Transition (Resolve Screen Associated).

When I select any transition from the issue (i.e. click the Start Work button) the HD Add Service Request screen is displayed to the user.

Screen Scheme

Text Workflow

Start Work Transition

Work Complete Transition

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Stroble May 28, 2014

Turns out that I had to create my own Resolution screen and that worked like a charm.

I discovered this by creating a new project with a modified workflow. The workflow was acting funny so I build a fresh one from the ground up and it still refused to display the out of the box resolution screen. I created my own resolution screen, published my changes to my workflow (I see what you were talking about Nic), and everything works like a champ!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2014

No, you definitely don't want the resolution screen to be used in edit, that can break your data quite horribly.

I'm not sure what is wrong though. During a transition, you can tell Jira to use a screen. You should simply take your resolution screen and associate it with all the "resolve" or "close" transitions. I'm confused by "during a transition that it is already associated to? It seems no matter what screen I select for the transition it always displays one of my custom screens I've created" - that sounds like you're setting the screen, but then, not actually setting it at the same time. Could you maybe look to add screenshots or explain your workflow transition settings?

(Oh, an afterthought - you are publishing the drafts when you change the workflow screens?)

Jason Stroble May 28, 2014

Nic,

Thanks for your responce! I've created 1 screen the "HD Add Service Request" screen. I have not associated this screen with any transitions but have associated it to the Create Issue Operation of my screen scheme (the "HD Add Service Request" screen scheme). I have associated the "Resolution" screen to the "Work Complete" transition in my "HD: Default Workflow" workflow. Whenever I click any transition button for an issue the "HD Add Service Request" screen is shown. I hope that clarifies it a bit (sorry I'm a new JIRA admin.

What do you mean publishing the drafts when I change a workflow screen? I have associated the workflow to a workflow scheme and have associated that scheme to my project but haven't done anything past that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 28, 2014

Sorry I couldn't get to this sooner! I was going to follow up with a quick run at "create a new screen and associate it with a transition" and going step by step, but you got there without me :-)

Jason Stroble May 29, 2014

No worries man. Thanks for the help!

Suggest an answer