[SOLVED] Export function missing after restoring Jira Cloud to Server

Marcin Kubica July 27, 2017

Hi

According to documentation in order to import projects from my Jira Cloud is suppose to restore whole system to a Server on a side, and then export from there, which should let me then import selected projects into my prod Jira.

All ok, just the problem is the export option is missing after the initial restore from Cloud :)

When trying to access 'backup' URL ie http://myjira:8080/secure/admin/XmlBackup!default.jspa im getting "You must log in as a system administrator to access this page." even for full admin user.

Anyone of you had this?

Marcin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcin Kubica July 27, 2017

Interesting. When I login as sysadmin user (after import) I can't see any options available however using the 'backup' link gets me to the settings page where I can see backup options enabled.

0 votes
Gareth Abramczyk September 29, 2017

Ive been having exactly this issue with the same scenario. thou so far, i am unable to find an 'admin' account that has the right amount of privilege to get to this page.

Gareth Abramczyk September 29, 2017

scratch that, looking specifically for sysadmin and resetting its password gave me all the access i needed. odd though, as i thought that is what jira-administrators group was meant to do??

Suggest an answer