SOAP Questions

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2013

Hi

I am trying to integrate a application with JIRA and have some questions..

1. How do we determine url for JIRA SOAP end point?
  2. How do I know which credentials to use for JIRA SOAP
  3. I understand that I need to "Accept remote API calls"

Please let me know

Thanks

Abe

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 13, 2013

1. ${Base_URL}/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl

2. Any user credentials that case access to JIRA and have required permissions.

3. You are right.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2013

Thanks Jobin.

For #2 what specific permissions user need to have to make SOAP calls.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Depends on the action. You need equivalent permissions as you would need doing the same action from the UI.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Unless this is a temporary integration, you should be aware of the eventual withdrawal of JIRA SOAP access in JIRA 7. Consider using REST or JIRA Command Line Interface which will help handle the migration.

AbrahamA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 14, 2013

Thanks Bob for your input.

Suggest an answer