SOAP API RemoteAuthenticationException while user is valid

aggtaa October 1, 2012

Why a SOAP API login method throws RemoteAuthenticationException for a valid user?

I am trying to connect to Jira from PHP client via SOAP API at https://touchin.atlassian.net/rpc/soap/jirasoapservice-v2?wsdl and cannot get past login while the same client works flawlessly on different (hosted) Jira.

The 'Accept remote API calls' option is turned on. I have tried to connect as Users group member as well as Aministrators one - doesn't work. What else should I try?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
aggtaa October 2, 2012

My apologies. The reason was my own mistake.

PHP SOAP client was constructed from WSDL of the same version of Jira but from the different domain.

0 votes
Michael Knight
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 2, 2012

Have there been enough failed logins against that user account that CAPTCHA checks have been triggered? Try logging in via the normal web interface with the same credentials to clear the CAPTCHA requirement.

aggtaa October 2, 2012

Sadly, the CAPTCHA check is not the case, because the administrator account is the one I use every day in web interface of Jira from multiple computers. It works absolutely flawlessly.

Suggest an answer