SLA Time To Resolution calculation?

Brandon Grady April 24, 2015

I have a very strange "Time to Resolution" graph in my Service Desk and I'm trying to figure out why it might look like that. What I want to see is the average time to resolution over that period, but it seems to be bringing issues in that were resolved long ago and putting it into the calculation.

Here's a screenshot of the TTR over the last 14 days.

Bring_the_Thunder_-_JIRA_and_Inbox__6_messages_.png

The less time I look in the past, the higher the TTR goes up. There are no items outstanding that have gone unresolved for a long period of time. There are some issues that were resolved months ago that took months to resolve, but nothing in the past 14 days has been open for longer than a couple of days before being resolved.  Even if we clear out ALL items, the resolution time goes up on the last increment of the chart. Perhaps I am misunderstanding how it should work, but if all of the issues being resolved have times less than that value, shouldn't the average time be going down and not up?

Does anybody know how an issue gets evaluated? Does it (or is it supposed to) go on the resolution date? I feel like I may have configured something incorrectly on the SLA. Any tips/things to look for?

2 answers

0 votes
Brandon Grady April 30, 2015

Sure, here it is.

Bring_the_Thunder_-_JIRA.png

0 votes
João Palharini
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 30, 2015

Hi Brandon! Actually, the "Time to Resolution" calculation is supposed to show the number of hours from the date the issue was opened until the date it was resolved (closed). Could you attach a screenshot of the SLA configuration, so that I can have a better overview of what might be happening?

Suggest an answer